ADD: 708 Lianfu Building, No.1-10, Qifu Road, Baiyun New City, distrito de Baiyun, Guangzhou, China
TEL: + 86-20-36700051
Transparent LED display, also known as LED glass screen, is mainly used for architectural glass curtain wall. It is used to display high-definition images. It has high transparency and ultra-lightweight features. The traditional LED display is installed on the exterior wall of the building to completely block outdoor light. The weight of the body itself tests the safety of the building itself, and it may also affect the appearance of the building itself. The transparent LED display integrates with the building from the appearance, does not affect the original style of the building, and does not affect the lighting of the building. It has the characteristics of light weight, thin screen and so on, and has obvious technical advantages in the field of construction media. .
First, what is a transparent LED display
As the name suggests, transparent LED displays are LED-like materials that transmit light. Its realization principle is the micro-innovation of the light bar screen, the patch manufacturing process, the lamp bead package, the control system are all targeted improvements, and the structure of the hollow design reduces the blocking of the structural components. , to maximize the perspective effect.
At the same time, it also has a novel and unique display effect. The viewer is watching at an ideal distance, and the picture is suspended above the glass curtain wall. LED transparent screens have expanded the application layout of LED displays to the two major markets of architectural glass curtain wall and commercial retail window display, which has become a new trend in the development of new media.
The transparent LED display is a new type of ultra-clear LED display technology with 70%-95% permeability and a panel thickness of only 10mm. The LED unit panel can be mounted from the back of the glass to the glass. The unit size can be Customized according to the size of the glass, the effect on the lighting of the glass curtain wall is also small, and it is easy to install and maintain.
Second, the background of the birth of transparent LED display
Along with the proliferation of outdoor advertising LED displays is a series of negative issues, including the image of the city. When the LED display is working, it can really function to brighten the city and release information. However, when it is "resting", it seems to be a "scar" of the city, which is incompatible with the surrounding environment and greatly affects the beauty of the city. , destroying the scenery of the city.
Due to the emergence of these problems, the approval of outdoor large-screen installations has become more and more cumbersome, and the management of outdoor advertisements has become more stringent.
The transparent LED display not only integrates all the advantages of a conventional outdoor HD LED display, but also minimizes urban aesthetics. Because it is installed behind a glass curtain wall, it does not affect the surrounding environment even when it is not working during the day. At the same time, because it adopts a new form of indoor advertising outdoor communication, it has circumvented the approval of outdoor advertising.
In addition, with the acceleration of urban construction, the glass curtain wall, which is a high-end atmospheric grade building material, has gradually become popular. The transparent screen is characterized by its light weight, no steel frame structure, simple installation and maintenance, and good permeability. It is a perfect match with the glass curtain wall. It is not only a sense of non-compliance with the glass curtain wall, but also because of its fashion, beauty, modernity and technology, adding a special beauty to the urban architecture. Therefore, the transparent LED glass screen has won unanimous recognition in the market and has received extensive attention and enthusiasm.
Third, the characteristics of transparent LED display
(1) High transparency effect has a very high perspective rate, with a permeability of 70%-95%, ensuring the lighting requirements and viewing angle range of the lighting structure between floors, glass facades, windows, etc., ensuring the original glass curtain wall There is a lighting perspective function.
(2) It does not take up space and is light in weight. The thickness of the main board is only 10mm, and the display screen body generally weighs only 12Kg/m2. It does not need to change the building structure and is directly fixed to the glass curtain wall.
(3) No need for steel frame structure, saving a lot of installation and maintenance costs. It is directly fixed to the glass curtain wall and does not require any steel frame structure, which saves a lot of cost.
(4) Unique display effect Because the display background is transparent, the advertising picture can be suspended in the glass wall, which has good advertising effect and artistic effect.
(5) Easy and quick maintenance indoor maintenance is fast and safe, saving manpower and material resources.
(6) Energy saving and environmental protection does not require traditional refrigeration systems and air conditioning to dissipate heat, which is more than 30% more energy efficient than ordinary LED displays.
Four problems that need to be solved in transparent LED display
(1) The choice of permeability and point spacing. From the perspective of several products on the market, the transparency of transparent screens has reached more than 90%, and the minimum dot spacing is 3mm. For the transparent screen, is its penetration rate and dot pitch already reached the limit? In fact, it is not because the PCB board, the driver IC, and the lamp bead itself are opaque. Smaller, it must be at the expense of losing part of the permeability, and high-passivity is just the biggest advantage of transparent screen; and the cost of improving the penetration rate is the expansion of the dot spacing, which affects the clarity of its image. And display effects. Therefore, this is a dilemma.
(2) After-sales service, product maintenance convenience and product reliability. First of all, the side-emitting LED lamp bead used in the transparent LED display on the market is not strong in generality, poor in consistency and stability, resulting in high production costs and troublesome after-sales service. Secondly, there are many customized products on the market, and the quantity is small. It is difficult to mass-produce, which is also an important reason for the high cost of LED transparent screen.
(3) How to achieve "true transparency." The so-called "true transparency" means that the transparent screen should be truly integrated with the glass structure.
(4) Problems of standardization and customization. Standardization can reduce costs, and customization can bring a high degree of harmony between transparent screens and buildings.
(5) The problem of light transmission on the back of the transparent screen. On the screen, the advertisement is played. When designing the advertisement content screen, the unnecessary background color is currently removed, replaced with black, and only the content to be expressed is displayed. When the black part does not emit light, it is a transparent effect, and this playing method can greatly reduce light pollution.
V. Transparent LED display market application potential
Xiao Bian believes that the new transparent LED display has opened up a new application field and has broad market prospects. It is especially suitable for the field of “construction media”, which caters to the needs of an emerging market and successfully creates a high quality outdoor. media resources. According to statistics, China's modern glass curtain wall has a total area of more than 70 million square meters, mainly concentrated in urban areas. Such a huge glass curtain wall is a huge potential market for outdoor media advertising. The advertising value of this market is not yet available. It has been fully developed, and the glass curtain wall is a new blue ocean field in the case of urban outdoor advertising resources are increasingly exhausted. The scope of this field is very wide, such as urban landmark buildings, municipal buildings, airports, automotive 4S shops, hotels, banks, chain stores and other glass curtain wall buildings with commercial value.